The Phenomenally U Brand was conceptualized by Lacey C. Clark!, award-winning, speaker, author, life coach, filmmaker, educator and CEO of Sisters’ Sanctuary LLC. It was inspired by an interview with Lacey C. Clark! by Tweety Elitou (a Teen Fashion Blogger) of Young, Hip and Chic.
Phenomenally U was created in response to the damaging, demoralizing and destructive images of women in Reality TV programs. The inaugural empowerment summit, co-sponsored by SCORE Philadelphia and
Rolling OUT Magazine, was designed as a series of daylong activities and interactive discussions led by renowned activists, educators, authors, industry experts and parents. The goal was to enlighten and inspire teen girls and young women between the ages of 14 and 24, their mothers and mentors, and other aspiring leaders to:
1. Recognize and repudiate negative media images
2. Embrace and replicate principles of self-love and self-respect
3. Provide tools and resources for their holistic development
4. Expose and encourage images of success
5. Identify risk behaviors to eliminate incidences of domestic violence, dating violence, and intimate partner abuse whether it’s emotional, psychological, physical, sexual or financial
Phenomenally U a is National Movement, seminars/workshop series, summit, a national column, a Tweet Party and action agenda for millennial women!